Children of all ages will find something to read or entertain themselves with in our children's section. We offer books, from picture books to young adult level. Younger children will enjoy toys, puzzles and even a puppet show stage.
Learning resources that you can check out include Hooked on Phonics reading workbooks and DVDs.
Summer children's programs
When school's out for the summer, learning through the library springs into session. In summer 2019, we offered free programs on Thursdays for kids ages 11 and up and free Friday programs for kids ages 5 to 10.
Library staff, teachers and a variety of community volunteers led sessions that taught the children about their home community. Activities included:
- Learning about the history of Lansing's Mt. Hosmer park and the veterans memorial on that bluff
- Performing and listening to live music in Hosmer's old quarry amphitheater
- Having a scavenger hunt around town.
- Making art to expression the concept of compassion
- Kayaking in Village Creek during a family picnic evening.
Programs for 2020 will build on this foundation.